This has definitely been a week of transition for our little family. Mark began his new semester of school on Tuesday. It is pretty exciting! This is the last first day of classes (we hope) EVER!!! That doesn't even seem possible but we will definitely take it!
Unfortunately, for me, ever since Monday things kind of went downhill. I feel glued to the couch and bed. I have been lucky in that I feel like I can kind of function still. And by that I mean that I am not running to the bathroom constantly. I am constantly nauseous, uncomfortable, extremely sore, and weak feeling and really can't do anything. But the absence of throwing up has made a huge difference. Just being able to at least lay on the couch and have Jacob bring books and stand next to me while I read them to him makes me happy.
And Jacob has been an absolute ANGEL! Really. I don't know if I can ever explain the anxiety that I feel about pregnancy and how it effects my boys. Pregnancy for me means change for the whole family. I become not only someone that can't help and do the things that I feel need to be done, but I am someone that NEEDS help. I can't really take care of myself. So this all then falls on Mark's shoulders. I cannot even tell you my love for that man. Every night this week he has already been up till 2 or later trying to stay caught up on his classes, he gets up and changes Jacob and gets ALL of us breakfast, goes to school, hurries home and cleans up the house, makes dinner, cleans the kitchen, does bath and bedtime, laundry, the list goes on and on. He does this all with an amount of patience and kindness that leaves me in awe. He is such an amazing man.
Jacob has just taken things and gone with it. He is such a trooper. He is so good about just lifting my spirits and being an all-around happy and helpful little boy.
How did I get so lucky?
This week has been hard and definitely a week of transition. But we are making it.
If things continue to go as they are I will be ecstatic because I know they could be so worse. My life is consumed with snacking. I hate it. I hate forcing myself to eat something every two to three hours so my stomach never gets empty. But that seems to keep the nausea under control a little. Mornings are the worst. I feel like I am just a complete sloth. My legs shake when I stand up and the room just spins and spins. I don't know how hard to push myself. I don't want to risk pushing myself too far and then getting to where things were before when I was pregnant with Jacob. That is the goal right now. Our cautiously optimistic goal - to just maintain where things are right now.
This little peanut is six week now. I can't believe we are only at six weeks! I am just trying to focus on the weeks at hand, sometimes just the days. I hope that time will move fast! And I know, even though things are hard, that we will survive this time of transition.
No comments:
Post a Comment