This has been an interesting week. It has been a week of highs and lows. There were a couple days this week that were the worst the pregnancy has been and days when I actually felt like I could do some thing somewhat productive. At this point, I just take what I can get and am grateful.
Earlier this week though (during one of my bad days) a word came to my mind that described how I was feeling - detached. I just felt disconnected from everything and everyone. It's not particularly that great of a feeling.
But as hard as this whole experience is at times, there are some tender moments as well. I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who acts as my counselor during these times. I feel like every morning and night (and periodically throughout the day) I just vent out all of the feelings I am feeling (both good and bad) and I get a measure of comfort in return.
I cannot even begin to express how amazing my parents have been in all of this. They are both sick today and I worry because I am sure we have been wearing them down. But I am so grateful for their service and compassion that they have shown us the last couple of weeks. It would have been much more difficult without them.
The MOST exciting part of all of this is that THIS Saturday we are going back to Denver. I can't wait. Maybe it was a naïve thought, but I truly never thought that Mark and I would be apart for this long of a period of time. It's only been two and a half weeks but it feels so much longer. I cannot wait for our family to be reunited and hopefully get back to some measure of normalcy.
So here's to feeling more connected with the world and the people around me. WOOT WOOT!
No comments:
Post a Comment