Yesterday I had a doctor appointment to check up on the little peanut. Everything went fine and well. It's so much nicer to be doing it the second time around. I feel like I am better at explaining things but I also need less explained because everything has pretty much gone identical to last time which is nice too. No surprises!
For some reason I was POSITIVE that we would be doing an ultrasound at the appointment. We did one last time but the baby hardly looked like anything because it was so early - so I really wanted a new picture! Plus, I just wanted to SEE the little puddin'.
But then she just wheeled out the little heart monitor machine and I was really bummed. She explained that she was just going to check the heartbeat unless she couldn't find the baby then she would take an ultrasound. I immediately told the baby (in my head, of course!) to hide! And hide they did. I was so proud. They were so immediate.
Minutes later they were wheeling in the ultrasound machine. I loved seeing our little bundle. They were wiggling like crazy (source of never-ending nausea...YES!) but they were so cute. They were even crossing their legs which we thought was about the cutest thing ever.
Everything is progressing normally which is great! Sad note though...for some reason I just assumed that my doctor would print off a picture of the ultrasound but sadly she hadn't. I was super disappointed. Once she left the room, Mark and I seriously considered trying to do it ourselves but we thought it probably wouldn't look too good if a nurse walked in and we are playing with the ultrasound machine. So sadly, we just have the little itty bitty old picture to look at :(
Things this week have gone well though. My parents were incredibly kind and drove us back to Denver Saturday and then had to drive themselves back Sunday. What a not fun weekend for them, but we are very grateful.
I cannot even say how much I love being home. I love having our family together again and being with Mark. I seriously hope we are never away from each other for that long again. A month is way too long. I hated it.
And I've even been able to do some things the last couple of days. Tuesday, I even got ready for the day! I know, it sounds stupid. But for someone who hadn't put on makeup or done their hair in over six weeks it felt nice to look...nice. The nausea is still there and I have to take a lot of breaks throughout the day but it's going well. Better than I was hoping for so that's wonderful.
We are "announcing" the pregnancy TOMORROW - I am excited! WOOT WOOT!
No comments:
Post a Comment