Thursday, June 20, 2013

Moldenhauer Family Reunion

This June we had a Moldenhauer Family Reunion up in Island Park and it was fabulous!  Oh my goodness, it was so much fun!

This was the first time in 14 YEARS that everyone has been able to be together.  We would always come up to Island Park for reunions when we were younger but as more and more grandkiddos got married and started having families of their own they just kind of stopped happening.  I was so happy when it was decided to do this - and even more happy that everyone could be there.  We ended up having 54 people altogether - 28 adults and 26 kiddos - it was perfect! 

We spent five days together in the perfect setting.  Island Park is beautiful and we had two cabins right next to each other that were able to fit us all! 

Sunday afternoon we all met and got settled in our cabins.  We spent the evening playing card games and just enjoying our time with one another. 

This picture CRACKS me up every time I see it - I don't know what Jacob was doing because I KNOW he wasn't sleeping...what a goof. 

Monday was water day!  It was the warmest day and we took advantage of it!  We were so lucky and had the whole dock area to ourselves and we pretty much just set up camp!  We had brought up two boats and the kids just dived in - despite it being very chilly.  Even Jacob and I enjoyed the water a little and just sat on the edge letting the waves hit our toes. 





Monday night we had a family home evening that my grandparents organized.  It was so sweet being able to see them do this together.  They talked about how blessed they felt to be surrounded by their descendants and how they never imaged 64 years ago (when they got married) that this was in their future.  And I must say, that I feel so blessed to come from such amazing people.  They have been great examples to their children, all of us grandchildren, and now their many great-grandchildren.

Tuesday was kind of a rainy and stormy day.  We just made it work though!  My Mom is amazing.  Really.  She has made Jacob this giant tipi for him to play in with a fake little fire and everything.  Seriously...amazing.  She also has made Jacob an assortment of capes for all of the different superheros.  And if that weren't enough, she has made a huge pink cottage for all of her future granddaughters to play in.  And it is loaded with an assortment of Disney Princess dress-ups.  I love them.  They are adorable.  She brought all of these up to share with all of the other grandkiddos and they had a blast. 

Tuesday afternoon we also had a birthday party for my Aunt Lucy.  She is such a wonderful woman and has always been so kind and supportive to me throughout my life.  She is definitely not one that is in the spotlight much - and she would say that that is exactly how she likes it - but we were all happy to be able to spend the afternoon spotlighting her.  It was a great girls afternoon.

Wednesday we took family pictures.  We were able to take some big group pictures and then all sorts of other arrangements.  I am so glad that we were able to do this!  Can't wait to see how they all turned out!  Later in the day, the kids had fun playing in the forest and making their own teepees with enormous logs!  Let me tell you, these kids have no fear!  They were ready to do anything!

And all of us adults had fun every night playing card games, reverse charades, and telephone charades. 

We were able to make so many wonderful memories.  I am, again, grateful for family and the time that we have to be with one another.  It was a great week!

P.S. I was so naughty and didn't take a single picture this whole time.  Lucky for me - lots of other people did!  However, I only have the few that my Mom took right now, so I will have to add more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment