Thursday, June 27, 2013

12 Months

I cannot believe this little man is a year old.  He has brought me so much joy and happiness this last year.  When I think of this last year of my life, it truly brings happy tears to my eyes because I feel so blessed to be this little boy's mom.  He has brought such a light to my life.  I love him so much. 

I was so excited to add this last picture to Jacob's first year.  He is such a cutie.  He has always been such an angel baby.  I love this little guy. 


I feel like this last month Jacob has just changed so much.  First of all, he is totally mobile.  He crawls and rolls every which way.  I love being able to watch him explore and see what things he is curious about. 

Some of his favorite places to explore are behind his rocking chair and under his crib.  He also loves flicking the door stoppers.  And we have a lot and he is constantly flicking them off.  It is a good thing they just screw back on!  He also loves to open everything.  His favorites are definitely the dresser drawers and any and all cupboards.  We are definitely busy.

Jacob does have some toys that seem to keep his attention these days.  Grandpa and Grandma Berning gave him a little dump truck with some blocks and he loves scooting it around and taking out and putting in the blocks.  Aunt Melina also gave him a puzzle for his birthday that has a bunch of farm animals that make sounds when you take the pieces on and off.  He loves it!

Jacob's favorite past time though is still books.  He loves books.  He loves turning the pages and looking at all of the pictures.  I still love to watch him do it.  The books that he seems to get most excited to read are "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See," "Peek-A-Boo, I Love You," and "Press Here."

And, of course, Jacob still enjoys any time that we spend outside and loves to watch people.  

We are so happy for our little guy.  We hope that he has had just as great of a first year as we have. 

EVERY time I look at this I crack up at his four month picture - what a chunk!  We have loved watching our little man grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment