Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Mark's 30th Birthday

Sunday was Mark's 30th Birthday!  As I said in an earlier post we did the bulk of our celebrating on Saturday but we did do a little on Sunday as well.

The morning wasn't too exciting and we went to church in the afternoon like normal.  After church though, my cousin Alicia invited us over to her apartment to have dinner with her and her roommate, Rachel, their friend Brandon, and the missionaries from their ward.  It was great to see Alicia's new place and spend some time with her.  She even was so nice to make a cake for Mark and Rachel's birthday as well.  Everything was so yummy!  We had a great time and are so grateful to have some family close now.

We got home and Jacob was having a little rough time.  This weekend was hard on him because it was definitely not his normal routine.  At night we have a pretty definite routine and when it gets interrupted he is not a fan.  Makes it SO nice the majority of the time but was hard when it got disrupted this weekend.  All part of the learning experience for all of us I guess.

But when we got home we had another round of cake and opened presents.  I have decided that cake making is just not my thing.  I wish it were but it is definitely not coming naturally at all.  So I just made a cookies and cream cake this year and it turned out yummy so that is all that really matters, right? :)
 



The funny story is about Jacob's card that he made for Mark.  His first art project.  I had planned in my head this cute card with his hand prints with this little saying and such and well...something quite different emerged.  I actually think it was cuter this way anyway - and I could say it was 100% Jacob.  Though I did have a hard time explaining why Jacob and I came out of his bedroom Saturday morning covered in paint!

As you can tell - Jacob was not really wanting to participate in the festivities :)
I decided to put one of the pictures I took of Jacob after the card making experience was over on the front.  He was covered.  Pretty funny though.  Here is the close up. 


Jacob gave Dad a new movie and I got him tickets to go to a Colorado Rapids game.  This is probably just as exciting for me as it is to Mark - if not more so - because it also means a date night for us.  Alicia is going to watch Jacob for us (we love you Alicia - his first babysitter!) and Mark and I will go to the game.  This is the professional soccer team here and neither one of us have ever gone to a pro soccer game before so hopefully it will be fun.  I am excited regardless.

Happy Birthday Mark!  We love you!

Can you tell how HAPPY Jacob is?!  Oh boy...



No comments:

Post a Comment