Tuesday, August 14, 2012

BYU Time

It's official - I guess I could call myself a BYU Cougar! 

I have been looking into getting my Colorado Teaching License pretty much ever since we moved here.  But when I looked into it I learned I needed to take a test here in order to switch it.  I signed up but then the pregnancy happened which equaled months and months of sickness which resulted in me not taking the test. 

Now that I am feeling MUCH better I thought I would look into all of that again.  Mark and I decided LONG ago that no matter what happened in our lives that I would keep my license current, because after all, you never know what is going to happen in life. 

ANYWAY, so I started the whole application process once again and then although they had changed it so that I no longer needed to take another test, the process was more complicated in other ways.  So I looked into what it takes to renew your license in Utah - just to compare.  And I learned that you can keep renewing it there even if you live out of the state.  SO...I figured I would just keep it current in Utah and if down the road I need to switch it over we will do it then. 

You have to renew your license every three years and seeing as I have an inactive status since I am not teaching, the easiest way to earn points to keep it current is to take college courses.  Pretty much I need to take six credits over that three year period.  Since I am already past my halfway point I figured I better start soon so that I can space it out as much as I can (especially since I have a little guy here that is my top priority!)

So anyway, I went on to BYU's website and they have so many online courses that you can take and they make it incredibly easy.  So I signed up for this class:

Strengthening Marriage and Family:  Proclamation Principles and Scholarship

This is the course description:

This course is an opportunity to study in-depth a proclamation made by prophets and apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints regarding the family and to reflect on its application to our lives, to our families, and to the benefit of families worldwide. 

Does that not sound awesome?!  I am SO excited.  As weird as this may sound, I have actually really missed school.  I have always loved learning and am really excited to have this little extra learning ahead of me.  PLUS, I am really excited that I can take classes that I always wanted to take but didn't because I was so focused on getting through my major.  PLUS, I get to take classes that combine both interesting "worldly" knowledge combined with "spiritual" knowledge (something I didn't have in my classes at Utah State). 

Pretty much I am pumped.  GO LEARNING! :)

My favorite BYU fan!

1 comment:

  1. that was one of my favorite classes that i took for my major!! absolutely loved it!

    ReplyDelete