Mark and I both got new callings on Sunday! And we get to do BOTH of them together! Our first calling was to be primary teachers together. We are so excited. We both have had quite a bit of experience with this calling but have never done it together. We will be teaching the nine year olds. I think it will be a great calling for us, especially once the baby gets here!
We were also given ANOTHER calling together. We were called to be Cubmasters. Now, when my cousin, Curtis, who is in the bishropic and was giving us the call, told me this I was completely stunned. He might as well have asked to be an astronaut. I had no idea what cubmaster meant or anything about the calling. I was inwardly freaking out a little just because I had no idea what to expect or what TO DO!
I immediately went online when I got home, which, to be honest, was not that helpful. I was all of a sudden met with lingo and meetings and "belt loops" that all meant nothing to me. But I was able to go down to the scouting store and get some "reading material" and despite the very over eager boy scout that was trying to assist me, I think I have a somewhat better understanding. I am still really overwhelmed but am really hoping that within a couple months it all starts to make sense! If nothing else, I guess I will know better for when Jacob gets to be that age!
The best thing though is that Mark and I will get to do it all together!
Bring it on!
***I think!***

No comments:
Post a Comment