This little man {when did that happen?!} had his first day of preschool yesterday!
I had such mixed emotions about Jacob's first day of school. I had a really restless night sleep the night before just thinking about it all. I was anxious about whether or not Jacob was ready, excited for him to start school since it's something I loved so much, and definitely a little sad. Even though it is just preschool we are starting a new chapter in our family life and we will never be able to go back to the old. We will now have "school-aged children"! It is crazy and exciting and sad all wrapped up in one.
Jacob was so excited though. He was thrilled to FINALLY get to wear his Darth Vader backpack (his favorite!) and go to school. As we walked to the door of the preschool, I could tell he was a little nervous. We sat down and talked for a minute and he asked me if I could stay with him for a little bit. Of course, I said I would.
Walking into the classroom felt like a big moment for both of us and I was glad we got to hold each other's hands and do it together. He was such a big guy though and loved finding his desk with his name on it.
Walking back into the house with only Sarah was a sad moment. I missed my little big guy. But I am so excited for this new chapter to start for him too.
Love you, Jacob.
Happy First Day of Preschool!
No comments:
Post a Comment