Monday, August 12, 2013

Missionary Work

This has taken me way too long to get out there but I definitely wanted to dedicate a post about my sweet and wonderful, Grandma Dixie.  Almost two weeks ago she left for the MTC to serve a mission in the Boston Massachusetts Mission working with the family history archives.

She has always been such an amazing example to me.  She is such a kind, patient and loving woman and I love her so very much.  I am so excited that she has chosen to do this and set this example for not only me, but for my little family as well.  I can't wait to hear about all of the adventures she will have and the things that she will learn.  I must admit, I am a little jealous of her mission - sign Mark and I up for one in forty years!

Elder David A. Bednar said:
"You and I, today and always, are to bless all peoples in all the nations of the earth.  Missionary work is a manifestation of our spiritual identity and heritage."

I felt like this completely stated what I feel my Grandma is doing.  She is going to help with missionary work through organizing and making available information so that temple work can be done.  She is paving the way for eternal families and the many other blessings of the temple.  It truly is a great work.  
Again, I love you so much Grandma.  Thank you for being you.  We love and miss you already!



No comments:

Post a Comment