Monday, August 12, 2013

Cherry Creek

Last week we were going about our normal morning routine and we were listening to the news and lo and behold, it was a FREE State Parks day!  How did we not know about this before hand?!  So we, of course, decided that we had to enjoy this day outside - or at least the morning before the heat became too much!  So we decided we would head down to Cherry Creek State Park because it is pretty close and we hadn't gone to that one yet.

Apparently we were just moving and grooving because we finished our little trail SO FAST!  I almost wished that we had picked a longer one because we were done in about a half hour and we did two more trails along with our initial one!  We had tons of fun and ended up doing the Pipeline, Wetland Loop, and North Connector trails.  It was a beautiful summer morning, we couldn't have asked for better! 

Note:  My batteries died in our camera when I went to take the first picture, but luckily for us, Mark had his phone.  I think it did a pretty good job!

The Pipeline Trail

The "Jacob" Face

The Wetland Loop

Crossing Cherry Creek on the North Connector Trail



2 comments:

  1. I have to admit, you guys make living in CO look so fun! Yay for exploring! And even more yay for free State Parks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, well we try! I don't know, you guys get to go to way fun places too - like NAUVOO!

    ReplyDelete