We walked around the trading post for awhile and then up to the amphitheater. This was quite a feat mind you because I thought carrying Jacob wouldn't be a big deal and holy smokes! An extra 22-pounds in the front got a little rough by the end! Let's just say I am feeling it today!
After the amphitheater we started the hike we had actually planned on doing. It was just a little mile and a half loop. There were lots of steep stairs going up and down which made it a little tricky since I was a little top heavy :). We had so much fun though looking at all of the beautiful rock formations. It's so interesting to have red rocks like that so close to the Rocky Mountains.
We had a blast though and it was an absolutely perfect afternoon to do it! We decided we will definitely have to explore more over there this summer because it is all free to go into the park - and we love free over here!
Happy Family Fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment