Saturday, May 4, 2013

Favorite Time of the Day

There is a time every single day that I just love...

Every day after dinner Mark takes Jacob into the bathroom for a bath.  Mark does bath time every day while I do the dinner dishes.  I love that Mark and Jacob get guaranteed "boy time" every day.  But every night I can't keep myself away from sneaking into the bathroom at least once.  I love watching them play with each other - splashing and squirting each other with the water.  It's pretty perfect. 

But my favorite time doesn't end there.  After bath time, I get Jacob all ready for bed and he snuggles up next to Mark while he has his bedtime bottle and we read The Book of Mormon as a family.  We then follow it up by kneeling together as a family for prayer.  I love it. 

Now here is the real kicker though.  I give Jacob loves and then the boys head to Jacob's room.  Mark then reads Jacob a couple books accompanied with different voices and sound effects - all courtesy of Mark.  I love listening on the other side of the door. 

Then Mark "helps" Jacob say his nighttime prayers.  This is the greatest.  This is when life seems the most perfect.  I wouldn't change a bit of it!

I love my boys.  And from about 6:30 - 7:30 every night I am one happy little woman. 

No comments:

Post a Comment