Saturday, May 25, 2013

11 Months

This little cutie is eleven months old today!  Where is the time going?!  I can't believe he is going to be a year old next month!  Our little man has been such a trooper in our travels and continues to just spoil us rotten as his parents.  We love him so much and are so grateful he is apart of our family.  We love you little buddy.

Now for the "Jacob-isms":

Our little man is getting mobile.  It is so exciting to see Jacob learn how to get to places more and more effectively.  I wouldn't say he is full-on crawling yet but he just rolls everywhere and just pivots his body pretty much wherever he wants.  He is a pro at going backwards but we are still waiting for that forward motion.  But he is at least getting into the position now and rocking back and forth so we have to be close.  We are excited for this next step!

I think I may have mentioned this before, but Jacob loves to read.  He just gets a grin from ear to ear when you sit down with him to read a book and he also loves sitting and looking at them by himself.  It is just about the cutest thing. 

Jacob has always loved bath time and being in water.  And he has definitely gotten into splashing the last couple of months but now he is doing the big time splash.  We are still in the "that's so cute" phase but I am sure that will switch soon enough.  But our little guy definitely doesn't mind getting wet - and anyone else that might be too close!

Jacob also continues to love being outside.  He hates when we go inside, it is almost always accompanied by some tears.  Whether it is a walk or just playing out on our balcony he is in heaven.  We are definitely looking forward to doing lots outside this summer!

Another exciting thing is that Jacob is definitely understanding more and more.  One of the big words we have been working on is "soft."  This mostly applies to him touching my hair or my glasses.  But it is so adorable because when he forgets, I just say to "be soft" and he almost always tones it way done.  He also understands giving "loves."  These, of course, are hugs and kisses.  He gives "loves" to his little stuffed animals and if we are really lucky - even to us.  I love this.  

We just love Jacob so much.  Happy Eleven Months buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment