The Third Annual Berning Family Vacation - this year to OHIO began by traveling to Ohio. This was, in all honesty, a long day.
The day began well. We got all of the last minute packing done in the morning and even had time to spare! Luckily, Heather was able to drive us to the airport so we didn't have to pay for parking all week. Everything was going swimmingly.
We went through security which was SO much easier with Mark there! We figured we better get something to eat since we would be traveling for a long time. So we got some "lunch" at about 10:30. All well.
Jacob was a gem - seriously, a GEM - on the plane. He fell asleep before we even left the ground, but unfortunately only slept about an hour. I was worried he might be a ornery little guy but he just took everything in stride. Seriously, he is the greatest little boy.
We had a stop in Charlotte, North Carolina (which by the way looked BEAUTIFUL!). We were supposed to have an hour inbetween our flights but we were booking it to get there on time. Of course, our connecting plane was clear on the other side of the airport and we were running. I am pretty sure we were the last to get on the plane. It was a tad bit stressful. But we made it - YEA.
The plane ride to Cleveland went fine. Jacob was great - again. I love that little guy. We arrived in Cleveland around 7:30 (their time) and we were pretty pooped. We had some confusion with our luggage but luckily it all worked out, despite having to talk with a very grumpy airline woman.
We then headed to get our rental car, which I am not exactly sure why but it took us FOREVER. We had a reservation and everything but it was just taking a very long time. We didn't even get on the road until 9.
We had to make a stop at Walmart to get some groceries so that we could make our own lunches for the week. Our (usually) trusty GPS on Mark's phone however gave us the wrong directions. Uggg...anyway it took us a LONG time to find it. So we were then walking around Walmart at about 10:00 at night and I felt like I had "BAD MOM" stamped across my forehead for having a little one up so late. I guess for Jacob it only felt like 8:00 but that's still way past his bedtime.
Once we got all that we needed we headed to our hotel. By this time Mark and I were starving since we hadn't eaten anything since 10:30 that morning so we stopped at a Wendy's by our hotel. We quickly tried to settle in and Jacob finally went to bed around 11.
So it was mostly just the last couple of hours - but boy, did they feel long. But little Jacob was such a trooper which was such a tender mercy. And we are here and ready to start family fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment