Monday, April 22, 2013

Family Life

So you know the song that goes like this, "this is the song that never ends..." and it never ends (and I apologize because it is probably stuck in your head now!).  Well, I have kind of felt like my class that I have been taking is "the class that never ends..."  I started this class last August - and I am JUST now finishing it!  Oh my goodness.  It has been a long time coming.  Although, I guess in my defense it wasn't probably the wisest thing to start a class with a six-week old, that is online, which definitely has its pluses and minuses.  There were definitely times when I was really productive and other times when it was literally weeks between doing anything with it. 

However, despite taking me way too long, it was a really interesting class that I loved.  It was a family life class that was all about The Family Proclamation.  I loved having the combination of secular and gospel discussion, definitely made me envious of those BYU-ers that get that all the time.  There is no doubt in my mind that that was a truly inspired document.  It is amazing to me how so many problems that seem so prevalent nowadays are answered so explicitly in that document.  It truly gives me strength and assurance in what I am doing with my life.  Bottom line - I love it

In other news, well...there really isn't much news around here.  Mark only has two weeks left of classes and then a week of finals.  Of course I am just overflowing with excitement for him to be done and enjoy our summer of fun, but he is stressed at how much work needs to be done.  He works so hard.  I really am so grateful for how hard he works and the pride that he takes in his schoolwork.  I love that he genuinely tries to do his absolute best and not just do the bare minimum.  He is a stud.  Love him. 

Jacob is just cute as a button.  We have kind of been cooped up inside because we have had some crummy weather lately.  But he just continues to grow and is just the happiest little guy.  He is ten months this week - CRAZY!  Love that little man.

I wish there was more exciting things going on, but that's really it!  Family Fun is this weekend - can't wait!  We also leave for Ohio three weeks from tomorrow (yep, the day after Mark's last final!).  I am PUMPED! 

Here are some pictures of Jacob from the last week...

Going to the grocery store...of course showing off his BYU pride!

Hanging out on the bed during a snow day!

Conclusion after eating spaghetti: more fun to play with then to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment