Also, this is probably way more important to Mark, but this has also been the first week I have been able to consistently make lunches for him to take to school AND make dinner every night. WOW. Sounds incredibly silly, but it was something I was really disappointed not being able to do, so now I feel quite proud of myself.
AND this week Mark and I finally made our first batch of homemade ice cream! For Christmas, Mark gave me a KitchenAid attachment that makes homemade ice cream. I was VERY excited! So was Mark - for two ice cream enthusiasts as ourselves - this was the PERFECT gift! We decided for our first try we would make strawberry ice cream. It tasted FABULOUS! We learned some things to tweek in the future to make it taste THAT much better, but overall, was GREAT! This is our ice cream right before we added the strawberries. YUM!
Ever since last Sunday my mentality about everything baby has been "refreshed." That is the best word I can think of to describe it. I feel like I can finally focus on this little one actually coming. I have gotten so excited looking at everything baby. Making little (well actually they don't look that little) lists of things I want to make and do in the upcoming months. Saying I am excited doesn't even seem to describe it.
This week I also feel like I have ballooned overnight - and I mean overnight! Pretty much I woke up one morning and Mark said, "yep, now you look pregnant!" I am actually surprisingly very happy to be looking pregnant. It is nice to get past the looking "chubby" around the middle stage and finally looking like something is there. :)
DEFINITELY the most exciting thing of our week is that we find out what we are having TOMORROW! YES, I said TOMORROW! I feel like a little kid on Christmas Eve. I cannot wait! I am so excited! Luckily, my appointment is first thing in the morning, so we won't have to wait long! We can't wait to find out if a little boy or little girl will be joining our little family. I wish I had some sort of prediction but I honestly don't. Every time I think about it I get a different feeling. I will truly be thrilled with any happy and healthy little baby! Can't wait!!!
![]() |
| BOY |
OR
![]() |
| GIRL |


Elise, that is so exciting! I remember the day before we found out that Talmage was a boy and I had gone back and forth from thinking he was a girl or a boy, but the night before I KNEW he was a boy. I told Daniel that that was my final answer - and sure enough, it was a boy! Either way though, babies are awesome. Congrats again!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you are feeling better. I feel very grateful that my pregnancy went very smoothly and I barely got sick. I remember being happy about actually looking pregnant instead of just feeling it. Can't wait to hear what you are having. I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well!
ReplyDeleteThanks Amie and Mikki! LOVE watching both of your boys and how big they are getting!
ReplyDelete