Yesterday morning I was able to go to the doctor and have my "anatomy ultrasound." We were kind of bummed because Mark has been able to come to every visit but we could never seem to work out a time for this visit that would work with his school schedule. I was dying to tell him!
One of the first thing the nurse that was doing my ultrasound asked was whether or not we wanted to know the gender. I don't know how people wait! I can definitely see the fun in waiting, but I guess I am just not that patient! :)
![]() |
| Hopefully this is "blog appropriate" :) |
Point being, we were very pleasantly surprised to find out we were having a boy. It was incredible to be able to see all of the little parts of our little one. But he is actually not that little. He is actually quite a chunky monkey! Both the nurse and the radiologist that came in later kept asking me if we were sure about dates. We are positive. The reasons they were asking is because our little boy is HUGE! Just as a point of reference, right now he is supposed to be measuring about five ounces - he is eleven! That is a HUGE difference in baby land.
It was pretty funny the conversation that continued with the radiologist. He was asking me how tall I was, how tall Mark was, etc. Neither of us are tall people. However, it seems the Berning clan has had bigger babies, so this baby is 100% Berning. Since we were positive about the dates though, the radiologist said he wouldn't officially change my due date yet but is fairly positive that this baby will have to come early. He says at the current rate he is at least ten days ahead of schedule. WHOA! I told him I am completely fine with coming early as long as he is ready. He said that they would probably end up inducing me if I didn't come early because otherwise he would be too big for me to handle. Oh geez...
He kept talking about it so much that I started to worry that we were going to make the news or something for our chunky baby. I finally jokingly asked him, "Am I going to make the news with some 14-pound baby or something?" He just laughed and said, "we'll get you going before that happens." FINE BY ME! Haha, anyway, it's good to know that my poor health the last couple of months hasn't seemed to effect this little guy at all - he is just feasting in there!
Anyway, it was a great experience. The nurse kept laughing because he was bouncing all over the place. It took her forever to get the pictures and measurements of all his different parts because he was so "active." It was fun to watch. He was a little turkey though, because we were never able to get a good picture of his face! They had me rolling over and trying all sorts of things to get him to settle down but once we finally got the image on where his face should be, he kept his hands up covering his face the whole time. What a kid! Anyway, we have a LOT of really great images of his hands and arms. Maybe later we can get one of his face! :)
![]() |
| His cute little hand |
![]() |
| His little feet that were just wiggling around |
![]() |
| Our "attempt" at a picture of his face with his hands blocking everything |
![]() |
| The "best" picture we could get of his face - what a turkey! |





YAY!!! So excited for you! I can say this because its all I have ever dealt with...But LITTLE BOYS ARE THE BEST! Can't wait to meet him when he comes to this world!
ReplyDeleteI think he gets his dislike for pictures from his mommy. I can remember a few family vacations when you don't want your picture taken either.
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy for you, sissy! :) I love you both! Actually, I love all 3 of you :)
congrats elise! i am so excited for you guys!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone! We are truly so excited! And Ashley, we are excited to dive into "boy land"!
ReplyDelete