This year was about the most relaxed Valentine's Day one could imagine. Most would say it was pretty hard to distinguish it from any other day in the Berning home. Mark had two quizzes for the next day to study for and so there wasn't a lot of time for "fun and love." But we did have a yummy dinner and I splurged and bought some cookies n' cream ice cream (this does not happen a lot because we go through it WAY too fast!). We were able to just sit down and cuddle for awhile and talk about life when we were dating and just how even in the short (almost) year we have been married our relationship has changed. So glad we get to grow closer to one another every day. Mark also surprised me with a new book! This was definitely unexpected and thoughtful - I don't remember ever even mentioning that I wanted this book, but he got it perfect! We spent the rest of the evening after dinner reading on the couch (my good book - his boring "Handbook of Nonprescription Drugs") and it was just nice in all of its simplicity.
Mostly I am just grateful for every day I get to be in love with Mark. I know...am I getting too gushy? But honestly, I feel so blessed with how my life has been with him apart of it every day. He really is my best friend and I couldn't imagine my life without him. Love that boy. Hope everyone had a great love day!

No comments:
Post a Comment