Monday, February 27, 2012

One Year Anniversary

Yesterday was Mark and I's one year anniversary and it is absolutely CRAZY to me!  I have pretty much decided that I do not understand time at all.  In so many ways it seems like it has flown by - but actually mostly it seems crazy to me that it has only been a year.  And WOW...has it been a crazy year!!!

A year ago we were married in the beautiful Salt Lake Temple...pretty sure it was the best and easiest decision I have ever made - I just hope eternity is long enough with this fellow of mine.  


We moved into our first place - also known as Kabin #300 at the Bear Lake KOA.  Haha, how many people can say that there first home together was on a campground in an itty-bitty cabin?  It was a great month though - definitely good memories.  


Yet another move - this time to our castle on the lake.  Well, maybe calling it a castle is a little much, but to us, it felt like a castle.  We had TONS of room, a stunning view of the lake right from our backyard, and also - a lot of great memories.  We miss Garden City.  


 I graduated from Utah State University in Elementary Eduction.  LOVED going to Utah State!


Berning Family Vacation 2011 to Arizona.  So much fun - loved every moment of this trip.  We fell in love with the Grand Canyon State.  Can't wait for more vacations in the future!


Our THIRD move of the year - this one to Denver.  Crazy where life takes you - but it has been a wonderful experience for Mark and I as a couple, really makes you learn to depend and rely on one another.  


Mark began his first year of pharmacy school at the University of Colorado.  He loves it - loves the program, teachers, other students, the whole shebang.  What more could you ask for?


We found out we were going to add a little kiddo to our family!  Couldn't be more excited about this!  Now if time could just move a little faster so that they can get here sooner!


I got a job at Montclair Elementary School for a whopping SIX DAYS!  It was a good experience and really opened my eyes to some things that I feel better for knowing now.  Only wish that maybe I could have stayed a little longer and help more financially - but what can you do?


And that is our year in a nutshell.  Seems like SO much has happened - what a first year?!  I hope things slow down a little bit this next year, but I am guessing with this little one, life is only going to get crazier - but a good kind of crazier :)

Our anniversary this year landed on Sunday and so we did the bulk of our celebrating on Saturday evening.  We were able to go out to Outback Steakhouse for dinner - and we stuffed ourselves silly.  It was SO good.  We came home and rearranged our front room and set up our air mattress.  We decided to have a little sleepover in the front room.  

Some of us are already a little tuckered out...


 We watched some of our wedding videos and had a good time reminiscing and laughing at some of the pictures.  We had fun looking at our "Growing Up" video especially imagining what our little guy is going to look like.  We are fairly positive that he is going to have the chubbiest cheeks you will ever see because we both had some pretty big chunks on our face.  Haha, we had a good time.  

My mom was also WAY on top of things and saved the top of our wedding cake and froze it for us.  When my Dad came last week he left it with us and we were able to eat a slice of our wedding cake.  I'll tell you what - I remember it tasting better :)  But we did each have a couple bites and it was a fun little memory. 


 We ended the night cuddled up watching "African Cats."  I had bought this earlier that day as a surprise - probably more for me than Mark, but as Mark insisted later that night "he loves animals!" so I guess it was good for both of us.  It is a Disney documentary type movie about lions and cheetahs.  We loved it, and decided that we would be very happy to have a baby lion or cheetah in heaven. :)  They were adorable.

  

 The next morning, Mark woke up early and made a feast for breakfast.  It was so yummy and I LOVED it.  

Again, I am so grateful for the amazing first year that Mark and I have shared together.  I feel incredibly blessed every day to be with him.  I love that our Heavenly Father is in charge - His timing and His knowledge of us is incredible.  I truly know that He knows us better than we do and I am grateful that He brought Mark and I together.  He is definitely the perfect man for me.  


One year down...eternity to go...

2 comments:

  1. Oh you guys are so cute together!!! I was actually just thinking about how Mike and I were rushing from our interview here in Flagstaff to get to your wedding! Its crazy that was just last year. And I can't wait to meet your little guy in the near future!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Elise!!! Sounds like you guys had a great anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete