Sunday, January 29, 2012

Oh January...

I know that a HUGE part of the fun of blogs are the pictures...but honestly, I have none...we have continued to be pretty boring the last couple of weeks.  However, since I have gotten INCREDIBLY bad at journaling, just want to recap what little bit has happened the last couple of weeks. 

Probably the most exciting thing that has happened is Mark started his second semester of pharmacy school!  WOOT WOOT!  I know I have said this many times, but I am just so proud of that boy.  He never complains about anything, always positive, he is incredible.  Love him.

He seems to be enjoying the semester so far.  His schedule is pretty much the same as it was last semester so it hasn't been too much of an adjustment there.  He is taking one elective class, an intermediate medical Spanish class that he is enjoying.  Says it is pretty easy, seeing as he already speaks Spanish (missions are SO great for SO many different reasons!). But he just continues to plug away and is such a smarty pants.  I am so glad that he enjoys school and learning as much as he does.

OLD picture - but seriously, I love this man.  He is the only way I get through my day. 
 Things with me are far less interesting.  Mostly just trying to get back into the swing of things again, which is turning out to be harder then I imagined, but oh well, what do you do?  Pretty much every night when Mark and I are talking, somewhere in the conversation I say, "I don't know why I make plans for my days anymore..."  It has been hard that I still haven't been able to really get back into a routine yet with my health, but I keep making plans, and keep hoping that one of these days there will be a real turnaround.

I don't know if "exciting" is the best word to describe this, but probably the most interesting thing that has happened to me was this last week I had to go to the emergency room.  I have basically had zero experience in an emergency room/hospital (which I am very grateful for) so it was quite an experience.  I could go on with a great many details of what happened during the six hours of our visit, but it would probably only be interesting to a very few.  Point being, it was an EYE-OPENING experience.  I really hope I never ever have to go back.  

The reason for the visit though...The night before our visit I suddenly got very sick.  It was probably the most miserable night I have ever had to date (throwing up every 15-20 minutes...uggg).  I have had nights like this before but usually come morning I can at least kind of sleep it off - but this time I was finding no relief.  Finally I called my doctor and she concluded that I needed to go to the emergency room to get fluids.  It was a very long process.  To put it simply:  waited three hours in the waiting room (EVERY seat was filled), finally got a room, waited two hours to actually see a doctor (who's first question was "are you really pregnant?") only to leave an hour and a half later.  LONG day! 

I guess I was officially diagnosed with something called hyperemesis gravidarum.  This is just a really fancy way of saying a severe form of nausea and vomiting while pregnant.  No real surprises there. 

But me and the little one have had a lot of long talks this week and hopefully they will stop their rebelling soon.  Kids these days...let's just hope it's a phase :)

No comments:

Post a Comment