Wednesday, March 30, 2011

UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO!!!

After many interviews and many pros and cons lists, Mark has accepted the invitation to attend pharmacy school at the University of Colorado!  We are SO excited!  It has been something that has been on our minds for months, especially the last two months, and we both feel really good about our decision.  I am so grateful that we had so many options to choose from and that we were able to make a choice that we both feel so at peace about. 

I am also so excited to finally have a PLAN!  I know it sounds silly, and Mark is always kidding me about it, but as much as I wish I was just a "fly by the seat of my pants" kind of gal, I am not.  I LOVE to have a plan.  And now we finally have a little bit of one! 

Mark will be attending the Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora, Colorado.  Aurora is just a suberb of Denver, so we will be living somewhere thereabouts.  He begins school the second week of August so we will probably be moving down the first week of August to get settled in.  It is a four year program so we will be there for at least the next four years, and then after that - WHO KNOWS!  I guess that is kind of the exciting part of it though - it's our own adventre. 

There are so many reasons why I am grateful that we are going to Colorado.  Here are a few of them:

-The University of Colorado has a great pharmacy school with a new medical campus and some of the nation's best pharmacy professors teaching there

-We are not completely exiled far away from our families.  We feel it is a good distance for us as a newly married couple, close enough to our families that we can still see them, yet far enough away that Mark and I can still establish our own little family on our own.  I hope that makes sense. 

-Denver has a temple! 

-It is a metropolitan area which (hopefully) will make it easier for me to find a teaching job

-It is still located in the west - we LOVE living here in the west and are grateful to stay out here

Anyway, there are more reasons, but here are just some of the bigger ones.  We are so grateful for this new adventure that is before us and all of the support that we have received from our family and friends!  We love you all!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats you two!! Mark, I'm really so excited for you. Sissy, plans are blessings from Heaven; don't feel bad for wanting one. I love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kyle lived in Aurora before his family moved to Bear Lake. There are times I can tell he still misses Colorado and he said its a good area.

    ReplyDelete