But over conference weekend we were able to go down to my parent's house and spend some time with them. It was the weekend of birthdays! It was Melina's 26th birthday on Thursday and my Mom's 51st birthday on Sunday. We went downtown on Friday night and ate at Rodizio Grill. IT WAS FABULOUS! Mark had never ate their before and we all had a good time. We ate TONS of meat and basically told the waiters to just keep the grilled pineapple coming! AND I even took pictures, but I guess I didn't have my SIM card in and so they are just on my camera - not quite sure how to transfer them over. Darn technology.
During all of our free time, Mark and I spent an ENORMOUS amount of money. I was trying to not freak out a little bit - Mark just had to keep telling me that it was an investment :). But we spent all of our free time at IKEA (conveniently located just minutes from my parents), Target and Bed Bath & Beyond. We bought a mattress, a complete bedroom set, and packed up all of our stuff for our move from our little cabin into our first house! It was quite the load! But I LOVE everything that we got and it will be things we will use for a L-O-N-G time.
Saturday night once my dad and Mark got back from Priesthood Session, my Grandma Dixie, Uncle Wayne and Aunt Dori, and my two cousins Danielle and Tanner came over and we had yet another birthday celebration. Grandma brought over cake and ice cream and we celebrated my Mom and Tanner's 17th Birthday (they are both Sunday birthdays). We had so much fun talking and just relaxing together. I am so grateful for these times to be around family and to have them be so close. I love you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment