Thursday, April 21, 2011

"The Eternal Blessings of Marriage"

General Conference is one of my FAVORITE times of the year.  I don't know if it is the cinnamon rolls we make, gathering together as family, or the wonderful and inspiring messages from our Prophet and Apostles - but I LOVE IT!

It seems that every conference I feel like there is at least one talk that was done just for me.  I am sure everyone has similar feelings, but this conference Elder Richard G. Scott's talk called: "The Eternal Blessings of Marriage" really hit me.  I am sure that a major part of it is that I have only been married for a very short period of time, which probably means that the topic is especially on my mind - and I just was really touched by Elder Scott's words.

Here are some of my favorite quotes from his message:

"The temple sealing has greater meaning as life unfolds.  It will help you draw closer together and find greater joy and fulfillment in mortality."

"Pure love is an incomparable, potent power for good.  Righteous love is the foundation of a successful marriage."  

"It is so rewarding to be married.  Marriage is wonderful.  In time you begin to think alike and have the same ideas and impressions.  You have times when you are extremely happy, times of testing, and times of trial, but the Lord guides you through all of those growth experiences together."  

I am so grateful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  I feel so blessed to know that we are led by a living Prophet, Thomas S. Monson and that our Father in Heaven still speaks to His people.

No comments:

Post a Comment