Sunday, March 27, 2011

One Month!!!

I cannot believe that we have already been married one month!  It is absolutely crazy to me!  But yesterday was Mark and I's one month anniversary.  It is just a small milestone - but I was pretty excited!  We had kind of been brainstorming a couple different ideas for things we could do, and we ended up having a bit of a crazy day.

We woke up early because we had building clean-up duty at the church with another family in the stake.  We finished that up pretty quick and came back and got ready to head out.  Mark had gotten tickets to the Utah Jazz game for that night against the Dallas Mavericks.  Mark (and I must admit I am joining him in this) enjoys watching the Jazz - but the REAL reason we were going is because of Jason Kidd.  For those of you (who like me) are unaware of who this individual is - he is the Mavericks Captain AND just so happens to be Mark's favorite basketball player.  Mark had heard rumors that Jason Kidd might be retiring, so he wanted to make sure he could catch a glimpse of him one more time - just in case. 

So we got ready and headed down to Salt Lake.  We stopped by my parent's house for about an hour to just chat and such and it was great to see them as always :).  After that Mark and I went to the (somewhat overwhelming) store of IKEA.  We went to get some ideas for different things that we will need as well as check on pricing and that sort of thing.  We only had an hour to go through so we were hurrying, but we are going down this next weekend for General Conference and so we plan on actually getting some stuff then.  We will keep our fingers crossed.

After that we headed up to Salt Lake and we went out to dinner at the Gateway and then headed over to the Jazz game.  We did have some pretty awesome seats on the twentieth row and so it was a lot of fun.  The Jazz played great until the last five minutes of the fourth quarter and then they lost.  A little bit of a bummer but it was still fun nonetheless.

Then we battled the snow and headed back home.  We finally rode into home at 12:15 AM.  As much fun as it was to go, I must admit I was happy to get back home.  I really don't know if we will ever have a weekend when we aren't traveling somewhere.  I continue to look forward for that day.

I did get a little one month anniversary surprise for Mark though.  We had a little chocolaty cake and it was a perfect little topper.  I am so happy that I have Mark apart of my life.  He makes me so happy everyday and I am so grateful that I get to be with him forever.  I love that man.

2 comments:

  1. A fun way to celebrate! To bad they lost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Elise! Twentieth row, now that is some awesome seats! Sounds like a fun night for you guys.

    ReplyDelete