Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Home Sweet Home

So Mark and I have been officially married 11 days now - and I honestly couldn't be happier!  My whole life I have been so excited to be a little wifey and I was pretty sure that I would love it, but it is even better than I imagined!  I am so unbelievably happy.  Life is great. 

But I will stop rambling on about marriage bliss and move on to how things have been as of late.  Mark and I went on a short little honeymoon to Denver where he had an interview with the University of Colorado for pharmacy school.  We were there a whopping 48 hours, but we were able to take in some of the sights of Denver.  We went to the Denver Aquarium - which was awesome and we even had it to ourselves! And then we just walked around downtown, ate at the Hard Rock Cafe and enjoyed the 60 degree weather they were having. 

We flew back in and opened presents with our parents, where it was confirmed that we have been incredibly blessed.  We have such amazing families and friends and we feel so grateful for all that everyone has done for us.  We are so excited to use all of our fun new things!

Which brings me to our next event, which is moving in to our little "honeymoon cabin" as everyone enjoys calling it.  We are currently the only residents on the Bear Lake KOA Campground - as long as you don't count the deer and occasional moose :).  I must admit, I never imagined my first home to be a KOA cabin but it is fun none the less.  I foolishly thought that I would be able to get everything set up in one day.  Granted, it isn't the roomiest of places, but that was my problem, finding places for things!  But yesterday, I finally felt like I got everything where I wanted it to be and are happy to report, that our little "honeymoon cabin" is quite homey now.  Mark and I are just grateful to have a place to live right now, and are grateful for my wonderful cousins who let us live here on the campground. 

Anyway, Mark and I leave tonight to start our journey down to warm and sunny Mesa, Arizona!  The forecast is sunny with a high of 88 - I'll take it!  Mark has another interview with Midwestern University and although we won't even be there for 24 hours, it is still fun to get away!  Life is GOOD!

1 comment:

  1. Married life really is awesome! I'm so glad that you are now in the same boat. I'm excited to hear more about what you two are up to!

    ReplyDelete