Jacob had his first recital for piano and he did awesome! He was supposed to have one in November but it keeps getting pushed back (they are saying February now, we shall see). But this was an optional, informal Christmas program that the kiddos put on for a local nursing home. Jacob was really nervous once we got there. I talked to him a lot beforehand but I just don't think he understood.
He decided he wanted to play, We Three Kings, and he did great. Basically his teacher was at the front of this very large room and the kids just came up and played whenever they wanted to. Jacob stood in the very back of the room and did not want to go and play. Finally, when the numbers started dwindling I knew I would have to walk him up there. He was going to be the very last student but then at the last minute, his teacher noticed him and told him to come up. Even though it was long standing there for almost two hours with my little crew, it was probably really good for Jacob to watch the other kids go and also to have a much smaller crowd to play to.
I was so proud of him for being brave. He was definitely out of his comfort zone but he DID IT!
I took a video (no pictures) but it's kind of long so you will just have to take my word for it - he did great!
No comments:
Post a Comment