On Tuesday morning, President Russell M. Nelson was announced as the new President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This was expected and seamless to me. I love how there is organization in God's Church. It isn't mysterious to me. There is, of course, an eternity of things to learn but I feel like there is an order in all things. I don't know if that makes any sense but those were the feelings I had as I watched this announcement.
I miss President Thomas S. Monson. It's amazing the closeness you feel towards these leaders whom you have never met, but admire and respect your entire life. I love how they described the coming forth of a new prophet, that the decades of service that they have given, provides trust with members and an understanding of how things work. There is no training needed because they have already been doing it.
There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that I have things to learn from President Nelson and {I hope} will learn them. Each person on this earth has different strengths, weaknesses, and focuses and I am excited to connect with him on this new level. Most importantly though, I have no doubt that this is the Lord's Church, and he will continue to lead and direct it through his Prophet. I cannot describe the peace that brings to me.
"Your commitment to follow the Savior by making covenants with Him and then keeping those covenants will open the door to every spiritual blessing and privilege available to women, men, and children everywhere.
Whatever your concerns, whatever your challenges, there's a place for you in this, the Lord's Church.
I declare my devotion to God our Eternal Father and to His Son, Jesus Christ. I know Them, love Them, and pledge to serve Them - and you - with every remaining breath of my life."

No comments:
Post a Comment