Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Peace

I feel like I touched on this in my post a couple weeks ago but we have had such wonderful gospel discussion in our home lately and I am soaking it all in.  We start our day doing family scripture study and family prayer which has been so much more meaningful the last couple of weeks and I have loved it.  Jacob said he wanted to start reading The Book of Mormon a couple months ago and so we have slowly been plugging along with that - he is at the end of 1st Nephi - WOOT!  We read three verses every night before we go to bed and he got a companion study guide for Christmas that has some pictures and things that help him follow what is going on.  It's been awesome.  And then I just feel like we are having so many opportunities throughout our day during school or other times when gospel topics will get brought up.  It has been so wonderful.  There has definitely been an increased level of peace in our home and I am absolutely loving it.  

I was worried about posting what I did above because I don't want it to sound like "Yay!  Look at us!  We are awesome and always do what we should!"  We go through unfortunate downs in this department but I just want to remember how good things are right now.  I place a lot on that because Mark and I have been a lot more proactive about creating spaces to do that.  It's been great - and I want to remember it!  Especially when I might need a reminder down the road.  

Monday night we had family home evening and it was awesome.  The kiddos are at such an awesome age right now for learning.  They are truly little sponges and I am so impressed with them.  Two years ago we spotlighted someone from the scriptures every month in our family home evening and we LOVED it and this year we are doing it again (thank you, Friend, for the awesome idea!).  

We talked about how Jesus has lots of different names and gave some examples.  Then we talked about how before Jesus came to earth he was called Jehovah.  We watched some videos about when Heavenly Father presented his plan of happiness and Jehovah's role in that and then creating the earth.  We then all drew a picture of the creation to remember that that was something Jehovah did.  Jacob and Sarah worked hard on their pictures and it was a fun activity.  I live for these moments.  Sometimes life gets messy and chaotic but this was a moment of peace that I am so grateful for. 


I also get to serve in the young womens and it has been so wonderful for me.  I am grateful that I have an outlet outside of my family to give some attention to every week.  I am growing to love these girls and am learning a lot from them.  It's been so good.  This year our theme is, "Peace in Christ" and we have put a lot of focus on it thus far.  We got journals for all of the girls and us leaders where we have the opportunity every day to focus on how our faith has been strengthened and where we have found peace.  I have loved adding this to my day.  

I apologize as this post was probably more than a little scattered but I am just so grateful for the peace we have been experiencing in our home.  I am grateful every day that I get to spend my time with my three favorite kids.  I love being a mom and trying my best to help mold and teach them.  There is nothing I would rather do.  



No comments:

Post a Comment