Life continues to move forward with our little bunch. I try to post something for every week and as I was sitting reflecting on our week nothing was jumping out. We didn't do anything really out of the ordinary and I went to look on my phone to see if there was a picture I took or something to document this last week. And they were normal things...normal every day things that just made me smile. And I love that. Life is composed of small moments and big moments.
We are in such a good place right now in our family. We are getting into a rhythm with our family prayer and scripture study which had definitely not been happening as regularly as we wanted the last couple of months. It has been so wonderful. We got a family companion guide (I don't know how else to explain it), which kind of gives some sample questions to discuss with your reading and it has been a total game changer. This week we have had so many truly amazing talks with Jacob, especially, in family scripture study but also in his personal scripture study. We are almost done with 1st Nephi and he has read every word (of course, with some help!). I am so impressed with him and I feel like things are finally starting to connect. We've talked and talked and talked about Nephi. He loves Nephi, and also Sam. It's been so good.
School is also going so well. We are plugging along and Jacob is progressing so well. I feel like we have found our groove (at least for right now!) and it's just been a special time. I love it more than I ever thought I would. This week I also started getting some things put together for Sarah and she can't wait - and neither can I!
One thing that has really been wonderful in our home the last several weeks has been the relationship between Jacob and Sarah. They've always wanted to be around each other, but geez, for a long while there it felt like both their individual goals was to drive the other person crazy...which then drove me a little crazy! But the last several weeks they continue to want to be with each other but are actually enjoying it too. It's been awesome.
Benjamin is as busy as ever! He loves to get into everything. We love our "silly little munchkin" as Sarah likes to call him. He now eats the same things we eat (for the most part) and boy, does that kid eat! I swear he has gained twenty pounds the last month! Okay, that might be a bit of an exaggeration but he is eating lots - definitely more than Sarah!
| I made sweet potato soup and some bread and apparently dumping his bowl out onto his tray was a much more effective way of eating! I promise it was more appetizing than this picture may appear! Haha! |
Mark and I have lots of plans for our home and now just need to figure out how to do them with three busy little kiddos running around! Any tips would be greatly appreciated! We are also busy finalizing our family trip to Texas next month. We are so excited! It is most definitely a highlight of our entire year.
So life is good. We are good. We hope this finds you good too.
No comments:
Post a Comment