Saturday, December 23, 2017

Winter

Our first day of winter started with some sadness!  As soon as the kiddos got up and I wished them a "Happy First Day of Winter" they both ran to the window and immediately started lamenting that there was "NO SNOW!!!"  They were so disappointed.  They were not alone. 

We spent the day doing school and making lots and lots of gingerbread cookies!  



We made some beef stew in bread bowls with wassail - YUM! - and then when Mark came home we went caroling.  I absolutely love this tradition!  And as we walked down our cold cold street, singing and delivering our neighbor gifts, I felt so much joy with our little family.  I love us.  

We've spent the last couple days anxiously watching the weather waiting for snow to come and it FINALLY did last night and all day today!  We want a dumping, and it can dump again tomorrow, and the day after that!  WE LOVE SNOW!!!  




Happy Winter from all of us!



No comments:

Post a Comment