This story is already so funny to us and I imagine we will all laugh about it for a good long while!
We were eating dinner the night before Christmas Eve, having beef stew in bread bowls. Jacob asked me what the red was on his roll and I just assumed it was from the beef stew. A couple minutes later he looks over at me with a big grin and says "LOOK!". There he was, missing his bottom front tooth!
Turns out the red on his roll was most likely blood...oops!
We look everywhere for his tooth and can't find it. Mark and I start laughing because that must mean he swallowed it. We ask Jacob over and over if he had the tooth, if he remembers swallowing something hard, etc. NOTHING. He is totally confused with the situation and Sarah is all concerned that her teeth are going to start falling out.
I hadn't even talked about the "tooth fairy" or anything with Jacob before. It definitely wasn't really on my radar yet! So Mark and I start talking about it and we told Jacob that we better write a note explaining what happened to the tooth fairy.
Jacob and I wrote a note for the tooth fairy and I, once again, try to explain what happens.
The next morning, I ask Jacob if the tooth fairy came {all excited because that's what you do!} and he replies, very matter-of-factly, that "no, she didn't come, because I never saw her." Now, I was positive that the tooth fairy had indeed come and visited Jacob's room. So I ask him if he was sure, and he said he was.
We then walk up into his room "to make sure" and there was his $1 bill sitting right next to his note. I excitedly told Jacob that the tooth fairy had come and left him some money. He then replied, very calmly one again, "yea, I saw that. It's just money, it's not a present."
And that, my friends, was the story of our first visit from the tooth fairy.
Oh, and then we went downstairs to get breakfast and I proceeded to step on Jacob's tooth that had somehow managed to find it's way onto the pantry floor. So there you go!
No comments:
Post a Comment