Sunday, March 27, 2016

Easter

Happy Easter from the Bernings!

Today I gave a lesson to my four and five year old Primary class about the reason why we celebrate Easter.  I told them the Easter story and in the middle, Maya, one of the children in my class asked, "What makes Jesus so special?"  Writing it down makes it sound kind of weird, but she asked is so sweetly and sincerely.  It was such a wonderful opportunity to bear my testimony of who Jesus is and what makes Him so special.  

I am grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ, who came to Earth to provide a way for all of us to come and live with Him and our Heavenly Parents again.  He suffered all so that we don't have to - if we follow Him.  And because of Him I know that our family can be together forever and that I can be with those that I love that have already past on again.  Easter should truly be a time to celebrate.  

After I bore my testimony - in a simpler way - little Maya said, 
"He really must be special then."  
Yes, Maya, He is.  

In Jesus Christ, I have found new life.  




2 comments: