Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Miss Mischief

This little one is the sweetest, most mischievous little girl!


I love her but there are days she definitely keeps me on my toes!  Sarah is our number one mischief maker in the house.  She is a climber and also very creative which makes for a scary combination sometimes!  She is always discovering new places to get to!  

Although, that can be a little scary in the house we have learned it is WAY more scarier OUTSIDE!  Last week we had beautiful weather and so we decided it was definitely time to stretch our legs and head out.  We were having a great time doing chalk, playing basketball, and just running around but it became quickly apparent that Sarah loves to run everywhere she shouldn't.  And that girl is fast!!!  She was constantly running into the street and up and down the sidewalk in either direction.  It was exhausting.  Luckily, our street really isn't busy except for the couple minutes before and after school, but it is still not something you want!

And the thing about Sarah is she can be so "naughty" but she has the world wrapped around her little finger and COMPLETELY knows it!  She just turns and gives you the sweetest, most innocent smile and goes on with exactly what she is doing!

Finally, I thought that maybe if we went into the backyard maybe she would stay a little more contained.  So I walked back there with Jacob and Sarah and then went into the front yard to grab some toys.  I was on my way back when our neighbor (who volunteers at the school) was walking back and I stopped and waved to her when all of a sudden someone on the other street stops their giant suburban and calls out, "is that your baby?!"  Of course, yes, it was my baby.  

Sarah had gone from our backyard, through our neighbors yard, across the street and was booking it to the elementary school playground.  I, of course, run after her and she smiles at me like she just accomplished the greatest thing ever.  This girl.  It's terrifying to think about what could have happened (so I am just choosing to not really think about it) and I am so glad I didn't have to completely panic either looking for Sarah had someone not told me where she was.  It amazes me how quickly things can happen.  I was truly gone from the backyard thirty seconds.  

Needless to say, we went inside after that.  A fence is looking like less and less of a desire and more and more like a necessity.  

I am, sadly, positive this is not the last of Sarah shenanigans that we will see but it's definitely one to remember.  We love you, Miss Mischief.  

(I took the picture above after we came in and were having lunch - the face of victory!)

No comments:

Post a Comment