Yesterday our Primary organized a tour at the Denver Temple. I was so excited to go down as a family and learn more about our temple. I knew that they did official tours at Temple Square but I didn't know that it was something that could be organized at other temples.
It was such a neat experience to be able to walk around the temple grounds and learn about the symbolism on the outside of the temple and learn of the experiences of the members and leaders of the Church during the process of building and dedicating the temple. At one point in the tour, they invited us to reverently go up to one of the sides of the temple and touch it and make a promise that we would go inside someday and make the temple a priority in our life. Even though Jacob is too young to understand what we were doing - someday he will be and I hope he decides to make that goal for himself.
We are so grateful to have such a beautiful temple close to us. I've had a picture of the Denver Temple in Jacob's room ever since he was born and now he loves pointing at it. Temples are such a sacred place, even on the grounds, and I am so glad that because of what goes on inside, my little family can be together forever.


No comments:
Post a Comment