Monday, March 25, 2013

9 Months

I love this happy boy.  He seriously makes my day - every day.  I cannot believe he is nine months old - that sounds so old!    I am loving every day and every minute with my wonderful, little boy.  And today, he is nine months old.

This has definitely been the month for teething.  I swear it felt like those two bottom teeth would NEVER pop through.  I am sure Jacob felt the same way.  But as soon as we got those finally in, in came a top one.  Now that that one is through, another top one is trying to join the ranks.  Oh brother...it's been rough.  Though, it seems to get easier with each one so that is definitely a blessing for everyone.  Plus, his little teeth just look way too cute.

So the last couple of weeks we have been trying to teach Jacob to clap.  He loves it when you clap for him.  He smiles pretty much from ear to ear.  Except for instead of him clapping, when we stop he will grab our hands and make us continue clapping.  Oh my goodness...what a kid.

Jacob is also rolling over finally from him back to his tummy.  Now, we haven't actually seen this.  But we have come in multiple times to his room when he was in his crib and found him on his tummy.  I guess he is a little shy about this development.

Speaking of tummy time, Jacob still isn't crawling.  I am so excited for him to start crawling, but I am not stressing that he isn't at all yet.  But he is liking tummy time a lot more.  It's so funny because he just kicks his legs like crazy but he doesn't do anything with his arms.  That kid will be flying once he figures it out.  That, or a really good swimmer.
 

Jacob has pretty much two volumes, either random yelling or "whisper talking."  That's what we call it anyway.  He pretty much is talking in a whisper.  It is adorable.  He pretty much says every consonant before an "a" sound (ta-ta-ta, ga-ga-ga, da-da-da) except for ma-ma-ma.  Come on!  Geez, I guess I will just have to wait. 

Pretty much we just love our little man.  Every day Mark and I are just so grateful to have him in our family.  He brings us so much joy and happiness and is just the sweetest little man.  Life is good. 

4 comments:

  1. So I've been stalking your blog since we became Facebook friends. He is the cutest little thing. We need to get together sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree that we should get together! PS YOUR girls are just adorable. I was loving their cute little dresses in church yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love reading about your life with little Jacob. This one just made my day. What a blessing to be part of your family. Love you all so much.

    ReplyDelete