Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Planning

This week has been full of planning.  I love planning.  That seems like kind of a weird statement, but I really do.  This week I have been planning TRIPS so that is the ultimate in planning.

First, it is Mark's spring break next week!  I am pretty excited.  I am also pretty sure that I look forward to Mark's spring break more then he does.  Is that normal?  Probably not.  That's okay.  He has all of next week off and I am pretty much giddy about the whole thing.  We already had a little overnight trip planned but Mark says he wants to "catch up" on school a little bit too so maybe a day trip would be better.  Bummer.  But I am just trying to focus on the money we will save from not having to stay in a hotel. 

SO...because of this change of plans, I am trying to find the coolest, most fun-packed day of activities.  I am excited.  There are so many things I want to do.  I told myself I have to stay within a two-hour radius from our house so that limits things.  Plus, I want to go OUTSIDE and do things.  Definitely ready to get out and about.  So this little lady is hoping for warm weather.

The second thing I am planning is our family trip - to OHIO!

I am excited.  However, I have kind of been putting it off.  Even though I pretty much had every second planned for our last two family trips, I feel like this trip needs even more planning.  Not only is it the first trip where we are flying, but we also have this little addition to our family, his name is Jacob :).  So, I am kind of trying to figure out how all of that is going to work out.  And I am sure I will read this in a couple years and think, "you only had one little kiddo to worry about, what are you worried about?!"  But, I am a rookie, and still just trying to figure it out.

ANYWAY, I am excited.  That trip is planned for the third week in May.  I am pumped.  I love these family vacations.  Anyway, I better go back to planning.

In other news, I should probably talk about what's going on with Mark and Jacob a little bit.  Mark is great, tired but great.  He works so hard.  He continues to do so well in school.  I love him.

Jacob has been a hoot lately.  I swear I am laughing constantly.  His little personality just cracks me up.  And he has become such a chatter-box - a very loud chatter-box.  If there is music playing, which is almost constant around here, he is singing along.  I keep meaning to catch it on video but I just think it is so cute that I just sit there and laugh.  I love him.   

5 comments:

  1. Hi! I just wanted to offer, if you do end up driving to ohio, i am in illinois right off the interstate and you can totally stay with us overnight if you want. I will even make you breakfast! :-) just thought i would offer. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you've got to catch that on film! sounds so cute! i love your family trips and all the work you put into them. such awesome memories. go elise! ps does this miss jashley up here have a blog? I want to catch up with her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jashley, I would LOVE to see you and your sweet little family! However, we are flying to Ohio. Not sure how Jacob would do with a 20+ hour drive...my guess would be that you would meet a very grumpy little boy. ;)

    And Karli - Jashley does have a blog, I just barely found out too! It is private though so she'll have to send you an invite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure thing! 20+ hours is not fun!

    Karli! What email should i send it to?

    ReplyDelete