Saturday, February 23, 2013

Teething

After months and months of waiting, Jacob is finally starting to get his first teeth.  I will have to post a picture when they actually pop up all the way because right now they are just little white nubs.  

Monday night he woke up not very happy and the next morning we noticed that he had "cut" his first bottom tooth.  Yesterday, we saw that the other bottom tooth is also coming in as well.  For the most part, Jacob is taking it all well during the day.  Despite having a little more cuddling time (which I am not opposed to at all), it has all gone well.

Nighttime he has not been sleeping well though.  Last night for example, I didn't get to bed until four.  Yep, you read that correctly, four o'clock in the morning.   Ugg...I felt so bad for my little man.  He was just whimpering and so sad.  He would be okay if I held him, but if I put him down he was one sad little munchkin. 

This happened another night this week too.  So we are one exhausted little group over here.

However, being able to hold Jacob while sitting in the rocking chair for hours on end in the middle of the night, does give me an opportunity to think about lots of things.  I love that little boy of mine so much.  I feel so blessed.  I swear he just has the sweetest face, he totally has me wrapped around his little finger.

I love thinking about Jacob's future.  Just the simple everyday things.  I love thinking of him
walking
talking
wearing a backpack ready to go to school
playing with his future siblings
saying his prayers
reading stories
helping me bake cookies

I could go on an on (I had a lot of time to think about these things last night).  And as tired as I was, I knew that there were many many other mothers up doing the very same thing I was - taking care of a child.  That's kind of an empowering thought isn't it - to know that you get to be a part of something so special.  I think so.

Thank goodness for baths - his favorite time of the day!
Also, we got a new nephew Thursday night!  We are so excited for Daniel and Teresa and their family of four girls to finally get their boy!  We can't wait to meet you baby Emmett!

5 comments:

  1. jacob is soooo adorable! i can't get over how cute he is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute photo!

    I just wanted to let you know, in case you don't know already, about amber teething necklaces for babies. They are super awesome and I have seen first-hand how much they can help teething babies. They are pretty cheap too (just make sure you get genuine baltic amber).

    Check it out here: http://www.amberteethingnecklace.org/how-do-amber-teething-necklaces-work/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, thanks Whitney and Lauren! And Lauren, I haven't ever heard about amber teething necklaces - I will definitely have to look into that! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! This story sounds very familiar! Naps for me are mandatory now days. I hate when they are in pain. Its so sad! I hope relief comes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I hope some relief comes for your little guy to Jashley! It's such a sad and hard time for all of us!

    ReplyDelete