Saturday, February 16, 2013

Colorado Sports Hall of Fame Museum

February Family Fun was to the Colorado Sports Hall of Fame Museum.  It is down at the Sports Authority Field where the Denver Broncos play.  We had actually planned on taking a tour of the whole stadium but I guess you have to make reservations and they were all full for the time slot so we didn't get to - bummer.

So we walked around the little museum.  And I must be honest, I pretty much didn't recognize a single name in the whole place.  They had a display for Peggy Flemming who I only recognized from the movie Runaway Bride. Does anyone else remember that line, "I'm Peggy Flemming...not the ice skater" well, apparently I saw the real Peggy Flemming's picture today. 


Jacob refuses to smile in public - what a turkey!
We were pretty bummed we didn't get to go on the tour because we didn't really have anything else to do and the museum lasted a whole 5 to 10 minutes to walk around.  So we just walked around the stadium as it was a nice 59 degrees here today. 




It's huge and I honestly don't know if we will ever be able to actually go to a game here just because the tickets are so ridiculously expensive, plus they are almost always on Sundays it seems.  We ended up walking around the Team Store for a little bit.  We were pretty much the only people in there that weren't workers but we had a fun time looking at the jerseys and how expensive they are - seriously, $300 for a jersey?!  Mark says they are the really nice kind...I would sure hope so!




Overall, kind of a let down for family fun but we will have to try it again another month.  We topped it off well though with ice cream cones on the drive back home.  Everything is better with ice cream!  Happy Family Fun! 


No comments:

Post a Comment