Friday, December 28, 2012

Date Night

One of the great things about being home is that we have a whole house full of very willing babysitters!  They have been itching for Mark and I to leave Jacob!  Mark and I were pretty excited to go on a date as well - actually a couple dates!  But we had a big date yesterday.  It was the first time Mark and I have been able to go on a date since we had Jacob and it was wonderful.  Not that we didn't miss our little man, but we knew he was in good hands :)

We decided to go ice skating up at the Olympic Oval.  I have only gone ice skating twice before and I am definitely not an ice skater.  And I'll tell you what, I didn't think that I could get any worse, but I think I have actually gotten worse at ice skating!  Mark was the absolute perfect partner and we just laughed as we very slowly made our way around the rink.  And I think I can honestly say that I was lapped by every toddler in the place!  It took me a half an hour to make it around the rink!  And granted, it's a big rink, but holy smokes, I am AWFUL! 



 
We had a really good time though just laughing and spending time with one another.  I love that man of mine.  We then headed to dinner and continued to enjoy our time together.  We then went and saw "Lincoln" and we both loved it.

Thank you to all of our wonderful babysitters! 

No comments:

Post a Comment