Wednesday, August 24, 2011

White Coat Ceremony

Last weekend we were able to have two very exciting things happen.
1) Mark's wonderful parents were able to come down and visit with us for a few days.
2) Mark had his white coat ceremony for pharmacy school.

Last Thursday Mark's parents were able to come down from North Ogden and spend a couple of days with us.  Friday morning Mark had some classes he had to go to but then his parents and me drove down to campus to meet him for the ceremony.  I didn't really know what to expect but it was a really great program.  The dean of the college spoke for a couple of minutes about the profession, their goals and what they can expect for the future.  It was fun for me to hear some of the stuff that we have to look forward to in the future. 

After the dean spoke they announced each member of the program (all 157 of them!) and they came up and helped them put on their "white coats" and then they signed a poster board with their class motto on it. 


I will admit I felt a little silly, but I even got a little emotional when they called Mark up.  I am so proud of him and everything he is trying to do for our little family. 

Afterwards all of the students stood up and recited their motto together. 

We got to take home a copy of it but I can't seem to find it now - but it was great!  After that they were dismissed to take pictures and then they had a picnic for all of the friends and family.  We had a good time eating and walking around the campus and being able to spend some time with one another. 

We took Mark's parents on a drive around the Denver/Aurora area and that was fun.  We then ended up going and seeing a movie.  We saw "The Help" which I had heard nothing about actually but LOVED IT!  I was again bawling like a little baby, but it was a really great story.  After that, Gus took us out to dinner and we came home and played games and ate cake.  I know their are many talented people out there that know how to make amazingly beautiful cakes - I unfortunately learned that I am NOT one of them.  This is was my go at making a pharmacy-esque cake.  :)
 


The next morning we woke up, had breakfast and then said goodbye to Gus and Darlene.  It was so great to see family again.  I know we haven't been away for that long but it was still great nonetheless.

We feel so grateful lately for all of the love and support we have received from amazing family and friends.  We feel blessed to be here together and to be moving forward.  Thank you to all of you who have been so wonderful.  We love and miss you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment