Our last day of work was Friday, July 29th and our moms came up that night to help us on Saturday get some stuff done. It was great to have their help and expertise :). Honestly, I don't know WHY we have so much stuff. It all adds up so quickly. The first day of packing Mark said, "all right, I think I could live in a one bedroom apartment the rest of my life - we are never moving again." Haha, good goal, don't think it's going to happen though :).
We made it all through though. Tuesday my Dad came up early in the morning and drove down with Mark to pick up a U-Haul from Logan and then they loaded it up while I was busy cleaning up the house and packing up last minute things. It was a long, toasty day but we made it. Thank you so much Dad for helping us - we couldn't have done it without you.
This is a little banner that the health clinic made for Mark on his last day - so nice of them
Tuesday night my Dad left to go home, and Mark and I went and said our last goodbyes. We have made such wonderful friends in Garden City and it was hard to say goodbye, but we hope to see most, if not all of them, again. We feel so blessed to have been surrounded by such wonderful people that welcomed us into their lives. We will never forget you.
Tuesday night we slept on the floor in a sleeping bag in our empty house. Kind of a sad feeling. But we woke up bright and early and started our trek towards Denver. I drove Lola (our wonderfully dependable little Corolla) and Mark followed in the U-Haul. It was a long day but we were lucky to have had no problems at all.
We pulled into our new apartment complex at 5:30. Mark stayed with the truck and I went and got everything settled with the leasing office. We were happy to walk into our apartment and know that this is where we were going to stay for awhile and it was someplace we could kind of call our own. When we walked back out to the truck to start unloading (which I was a little nervous about doing just the two of us anyway) we were greeted by the guy that lives above us and another couple to help us unload. There is no way we could have done it without them. We had everything unloaded by 6:30. It was incredible. I almost felt like crying I was so grateful.
Everyone here has been so absolutely wonderful. They have been friendly and helpful. One of the biggest blessings is that couple that helped us move in happens to be another young couple, that just graduated from BYU and our members of the Church. I could not have asked for more. He is starting the dental program on the same campus as Mark and is also a first year. The Lord truly does hear and answer our every prayer. We have already done a couple things with our new friends and it has been so great to not feel so alone here. Like I said, we couldn't have asked for more.
We have now been to our ward twice now and they are by far the most friendly ward I have ever been to. Before sacrament meeting even started the first week we were greeted by each member of the bishopric, the ward clerk, the missionaries and almost all of the families sitting around us. I am so grateful to be a member of the Church and almost automatically have a ward family to be apart of. Everyone has been so helpful on my search to finding a job and helping to just make us feel welcome.
I am very grateful that I haven't felt as "alone and isolated" as I was told and thought I would be. Then again Mark has been home with me this whole time and so I haven't really had anytime to be alone yet, but I am trying to be optimistic. Mark is having his first day right now and from now on from 8-5 every day I will be here alone (that is until I find a job - keep your fingers crossed). I am so proud of him and for all that he is doing. I couldn't have asked for a better husband and best friend. He is so thoughtful of me and I truly feel so blessed. I can't wait to spend forever with him and to be able to experience this growing time in our relationship together.
No comments:
Post a Comment