Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Our New Home

I am proud of myself that I got the pictures of our new house A LOT quicker on here than our previous house :)  So here it is -

We are the bottom apartment - nice big windows which we like - 
just not quite as private as our house on the lake ;)

The view when you first walk in

Our living room

Our "office" area

The little peek-a-boo hole in between living room and kitchen


The dining room

The kitchen


Our laundry room 
(that is the door at the end of our kitchen)
LOVE being able to do laundry at home now

Our bathroom


Our bedroom 


And our closet - 
it is a good thing it is huge because we need it for storage :)

We have really loved being here so far.  We have been very blessed to be around such wonderful people.  We have also enjoyed being close to things and not having to do everything on our Saturday like we used too.  Getting used to traffic being a factor whenever we go anywhere has been an adjustment but we are making it.  

There have been some funny things that have happened.  The closest non-scary grocery store (believe it or not) is actually the Super Walmart about five minutes away.  We learned it is one of two "experimental" Walmarts in the country  built to focus on health and environmental things - anyway, so it is generally pretty nice.  

Anyway, so I was in there grocery shopping the other day and a lady came up to me and well, I will just dialogue the conversation out for you:

"Are you married?"
"Yes."
"How old are you?"
"22"
"You look like you are about six."  
"...Thanks..."
"Did you grow up in Denver?"
"No, I actually just moved here."
"Where did you move from?"
"Utah"
"Oh - so are you a Mormon then?"
"Yes"
"Oh don't worry, we will break you in soon enough."
And then she walked away.  

WEIRD!  And I would like the record to show that I was not wearing my hair in pig tails, wearing a Dora the Explorer shirt or anything of the like that would make me look like I was six, but apparently I did.  Haha, it's been an interesting experience.  I guess I should be grateful - by the time I am 40 I will look like I am only 24 - BONUS!  

Gotta love Denver!

2 comments:

  1. Loved the interesting conversation! People think I'm 16 all the time. Now I'm 16 with a baby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that is great! We'll appreciate looking younger down the road I am sure! P.S. CONGRATS on your adorable little boy - he is a handsome little man :)

    ReplyDelete