Thursday, May 31, 2018

Mother's Day

I had a wonderful Mother's Day.  The beginning of the day was very normal and I taught the lesson in young womens.  It was fun to see the cute gifts the kiddos made in Primary for me - especially the questionnaire they each filled out! 

We came home, had lunch and put Sarah and Benjamin down for a nap and then I went to lay down in bed too.  It felt so nice to just lay in bed and relax.  I enjoyed it so much - I never left!  Once I heard the kiddos getting up, I turned to Mark and told him what I had planned for dinner and he went off to take care of kids and make dinner.  I felt a little guilty but, if I am being honest, it also felt pretty great!  It was nice to have an afternoon off and just do absolutely nothing.  

Mark made a yummy dinner and we both had an equally good laugh at his rolls (for some reason they didn't rise at all and looked quite sad).  It was a low-key relaxing kind of day.  

I am so grateful to be a mother.  It has always been my dream job and it still is.  These children are apart of who I am and I would be lost without them.  I love them forever and am so grateful that I get to spend my days learning and growing with them.  

This year, the Church released a video about being "just a Mom".  I loved it.  As what seems to be the world we live in, I know there were some that didn't appreciate it or didn't agree with what it was saying or portraying.  But I loved it.  I've actually had people get upset when I respond that I am "just a Mom" saying that I am more than that.  And I appreciate and understand what they are saying.  But I've also always had a really strong testimony of what motherhood is.  Being a mom truly is all I've ever wanted to be.  I've told Mark that if my obituary only comments on me being a mother and wife I would be okay with that.  I believe that role to be divine and I love being "just a Mom" because I have always known that that title means a lot.  I felt like that video spotlighted that.  I love being a Mom. 


I am grateful for the many amazing women in my life.  I would't know how impactful mothers could be if I didn't have an incredible one to learn from.  My mother is kind, selfless, creative, faithful, strong and supportive.  I have an amazing second mother that teaches and guides me.  I am blessed to have wonderful women surround me and am so grateful.  



No comments:

Post a Comment