Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Chicago

Last fall, Mark asked me what I thought about us going to Chicago to see his favorite composer of all time, John Williams.  We have talked about going to see him for a long time, pretty much our whole marriage, and seeing as John Williams is 86 we knew we needed to take the opportunity if we could.  This last weekend, was THE weekend!

My parents came up Friday night to watch the kiddos and Mark and I drove down to North Ogden to stay with his parents.  Saturday morning we flew out to Chicago.  This was both of our first times in Chicago and we hit the ground running!

We took the train into the city, left our luggage at our hotel and walked over to the Willis Tower.  Mark and I had bought a pass to get into various touristy destinations at a greatly reduced price - which also included some perks.  The line to go up to the top of Willis Tower was over an hour and a half wait when we got there, but with our pass we were able to go to the front and maybe waited ten minutes to go to the top.  That, by itself, almost made the pass worth it!  The view was incredible and even though it was a really cold day, it was very clear and you could see a lot. 








I am NOT a fan of heights at all.  They really freak me out.  This was an excursion done out of love.  But I mostly just focused on the horizon and chose to not look down so much.  But, Willis Tower, has created these glass encasement that hang off the edge of the tower so you feel like you are hovering (...or falling to your death, whichever you prefer).  As we stood in line I became nauseous just thinking about it and really didn't want to do it but they pretty much just through you in there.  I am actually shocked and somewhat impressed at how cool I was about it.  I just didn't look down and definitely didn't care to linger but I did it!

We then walked over to Millennium Park to see "The Bean".  It was actually a lot bigger than I thought it was going to be.






Next up was some deep-dish pizza at Lou Malnati's!  This was so good but WAY filling!  Mark and I shared a small pizza and we still couldn't finish it.  But it was awesome!


It was bitterly cold on our walk back to the hotel.  We hopped into our pajamas and settled in after a long day!



No comments:

Post a Comment