Thursday, May 31, 2018

Memorial Day

We had a great Memorial Day weekend.  Although, it dawned on me that I completely forgot to do our family history spotlight.  We might have to switch that because I hate to skip it!

Saturday was all about working in the yard.  That seems like that is mostly what our Saturdays are like.  Which I am not complaining (too much).  I actually really enjoy working in the yard but we have so many projects going on it seems like there is never enough time.  


Sunday we went to church and then decided to drive over to Soda Springs to visit the cemetery.  My Papa Joe and Aunt Brenda are buried there and it was sweet to be able to visit them and to talk to the kiddos about what Memorial Day is.  I am really glad we took the time to do that.  We also made a quick stop at my cousin's house to drop something off for her and then went and visited my Grandma Dixie for a little bit.  It was fun to talk with her and it never gets old to me to watch my kids play with the same toys I remember so fondly at her home.  


That night we also had a bit of a surprise when we learned that Daniel and Teresa and their family were in town.  They came over late that night to talk and play games.  It's so fun to spend time with their family.  

Monday was another WORK day!  I was hoping it would just be a morning project (and I felt the project gremlins laugh at me) and it ended up taking the ENTIRE day.  That was a bit of a bummer but I love how it turned out.  I desperately needed a check mark on my to-do list - and I got one!  I painted our front door - and FIVE coats later - it is done!  It looks so good (or at least I think so) and I was so happy to get that done.  


Also, I know my flower pots look pretty sad - it finally got warn enough last week that I thought I could plant them but they definitely haven't taken off yet!

When I was finally rinsing out my brushes at 5 o'clock I was definitely not up for making dinner.  Plus, we have decided that we need to eat out a little more because we've hardly been to any of the eating places around town (mostly because they are only open for the summer and we hate the crowds).  So we packed up the kids and went and tried a new place.  It was good food but we probably won't go back ($10 kid meals are not our thing).  

We are so grateful for the men and women that have bravely fought for our freedoms.  



No comments:

Post a Comment