"My brothers and sisters, how precious is the Book of Mormon to you? If you were offered diamonds or rubies or the Book of Mormon, which would you choose? Honestly, which is of greater worth to you?
Something powerful happens when a child of God seeks to know more about Him and His Beloved Son.
Consider...First, what would your life be like without the Book of Mormon? Second, what would you not know? And third, what would you not have?
My dear brothers and sisters, I testify that the Boo of Mormon is truly the word of God. It contains the answers to life's most compelling questions. It teaches the doctrine of Christ.
The Book of Mormon provides the fullest and most authoritative understanding of the Atonement of Jesus Christ to be found anywhere. It teaches what it really means to be born again. From the Book of Mormon we learn about the gathering of scattered Israel. We now why we are here on earth. These and other truths are more powerfully and persuasively taught in the Book of Mormon than in any other book. The full power of the gospel of Jesus Christ is contained in the Book of Mormon. Period.
The Book of Mormon gives purpose to life by urging us to ponder the potential of eternal life and "never-ending happiness."
When I think of the Book of Mormon, I think of the word power. The truths of the Book of Mormon have the power to heal, comfort, restore, succor, strengthen, console, and cheer our souls.
My dear brothers and sisters, I promise that as you prayerfully study the Book of Mormon every day, you will make better decisions - every day. I promise that as you ponder what you study, the windows of heaven will open, and you will receive answers to your own questions and direction for your own life. I promise that as you daily immerse yourself in the Book of Mormon, you can be immunized against the evils of day.
We need to feel, deep in "the inmost part" of our hearts, that the Book of Mormon is unequivocally the word of God. We must feel it so deeply that we would never want to live even one day without it.
I testify that Joseph Smith was and is the prophet of this last dispensation. It was he who, through the gift and power of God, translated this holy book. This is the book that will help to prepare the world for the Second Coming of the Lord.
I testify that Jesus Christ is the literal and living Son of our living God. He is our Savior, our Redeemer, our great Exemplar, and our Advocate with the Father. He was the promised Messiah, the mortal Messiah, and will be the millennial Messiah. I testify with my whole soul that in a most miraculous and singular way, the Book of Mormon teaches us of Jesus Christ and His gospel.
I know that President Thomas S. Monson is the prophet of God on the earth today. I love him and sustain him with all of my heart."
President Russell M. Nelson
President of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
***If you have time, click on the link above and, of course, read the whole talk. But also scroll down to the bottom and read the lists that President Nelson has made regarding the Book of Mormon. I thought they were so interesting and well worth the read.***

No comments:
Post a Comment