Tuesday, October 17, 2017

29th Birthday

Last week was my 29th Birthday!  I actually was pretty bummed because Mark was supposed to have the day off but ended up having to work - boo.  So it was mostly a pretty unexciting day, with the exception of some fun surprises.  

Mark and the kiddos made me some homemade breakfast sandwiches - with an incredible amount of bacon (no complaints here - do people ever complain about too much bacon?!) and orange juice.  We squeezed in some school and then headed over "the mountains" to Logan to meet my mom for lunch.  This was so sweet of her and definitely made my day.  We ate some yummy lunch at The Blubird and it was great to have my mom there for my special day.  We reminisced about when she surprised me 10 YEARS BEFORE when I was a freshman at Utah State and took me out to lunch and I cried because I missed her so much.  I didn't cry this time, but it definitely meant just as much ;)

We came home and the rest of the day was pretty normal.  We ate our leftovers from lunch for dinner (I know exciting, right?) and then we piled up and headed to mutual.  Luckily, Mark came and picked up the kiddos before we really got going too much into our activity.  We were able to research some family names to bring to our upcoming temple trip which was a great way to spend some time! 

I came home and Mark had gotten me an ice cream cake - oh so yummy.  We snuggled and watched a show and called it a night.  So grateful for everyone that made my day special.  



No comments:

Post a Comment