Last week my Mom had surgery on an area around her eyes. She had been having some spots appear around her eyes and she decided to get them removed. They are usually caused by high cholesterol but my Mom's cholesterol is good so it's a bit of a mystery. Either way, my Mom wanted them gone!
Gus and Darlene were so helpful and came up to watch Jacob and Sarah during the day while Mark was at work and I went down with Benjamin to help my Mom. We went down the day before her surgery and got her all set up.
The next morning we got up early and my Mom, Ben and I went down to the surgical center. The surgery went perfect and we were heading home before we knew it!
Because of the location of the surgery my Mom had to keep ice packs on her eyes for three days to keep the swelling down. It was pretty boring for her! It was fun to spend some time with just Benjamin and my Mom though - even though it probably wasn't very fun for her! I was so glad that I was hopefully able to help in even a small way and that I had a great team that helped me do that.
Love you, Mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment