This last Monday night, Jacob graduated from preschool!
Grandpa and Grandma Berning came up and we had a nice dinner before heading off to graduation. Jacob adores his grandparents and was so happy to have them there!
The graduation combined Jacob's morning class with the afternoon class and so there were about twenty kids total. Teacher Jen put together such a wonderful program and I definitely laughed and got a little teary all in one.
She had each of the kiddos stand and introduce themselves and say there favorite thing about preschool - snacks was the definite favorite!
Each of the kids also were able to give a "talent" during the program which ranged from facts about Batman to singing songs from Moana. Jacob decided to sing the ABC song and he did a great job. He told me afterwards that his favorite part was talking in the microphone!
Each of the kids were brought up and given an individual award as well as a diploma for graduating from preschool. Jacob was given the best penmanship award!
I cannot tell you how proud I am of Jacob. He loves to learn. He constantly amazes me how quickly he picks up on things and enjoyed doing "homework" that came home from preschool and also doing a workbook that we had here at home. He knows all of his letters and their sounds and is beginning to read words and learn how to sound things out. He counts like a champ and is really good with patterns, colors, and shapes. I hope he never loses that love for learning. It makes me so happy to see it.
I also cannot say enough good things about Jacob's Teacher Jen. This preschool was exactly what Jacob needed this year. It was structured so perfectly for him. It was a great mix of academic and social skills. And Jacob adores Teacher Jen. The part that got me teary-eyed the most was afterward when we were getting a picture with Teacher Jen and Jacob told her he loved her and gave her a kiss. It was so sweet. She was so perfect for Jacob and really understood him and his needs. I am so grateful for how much she has done to help Jacob this year.
The other kids in Jacob's class were all so sweet and it was so fun to watch them go up to one another and have them sign each other's graduation bears afterward.
Jacob was on cloud nine the whole night. We are so proud of him. He has grown in so many ways this last year. I am still holding on to wanting him to stay my little boy forever. I am so proud of who he is becoming and (although I never want him to grow up) can't wait to see where he goes in life.
We love you, Jacob.
No comments:
Post a Comment